Advice for Studying and Traveling Abroad
- Ask yourself why you’re here: Find out what your motives are and find ways to accomplish these goals.
- Make the most of what you have: If things stop going your way for some reason, instead of complaining about it, make the most out of the circumstance. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself later.
- It’s going to go by quickly: So take advantage of all your host country has to offer from the very beginning. Enjoy every moment of your time.
- Get out there: Explore the town with a few friends and get lost in what the city has to offer. The best memories are made spontaneously.
- Don’t be scared or hold back: Rather, just be cautious. Being scared leads to stress, and you can’t have fun when you’re stressed.
- Relax and have fun: You’re in a foreign country with a group of awesome people. Take a deep breath and soak it all in. The most important part of your experience is to have fun.
– The above blog post was contributed by Eden Shemuelian, who studied abroad with ISA High School in 2015. Eden was a featured blogger, and a winner of a Social Media Scholarship.