10 Tips and Tricks for Travel in Spain
- Get plenty of rest when you can. Try sleeping on the bus!
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. I suggest embracing local customs.
- Keep an open mind when trying different foods. If you don’t like it that’s okay! At least you tried it.
- In Spain the coffee is oftentimes cheaper than water. Stay hydrated and enjoy a café solo or a café con leche, which is a latte.
- The postres (desserts) here are amazing. Everywhere you walk you will find a different dessert.
- Take a lot of pictures, but don’t forget to enjoy the beauty that is in front of you!
- Don’t be afraid to talk to the locals. Your Spanish will get better and the majority of the locals are excited to help you learn
- It’s easy to contact home with apps like viber or whatsapp. Realcom phones are also available and wifi is easy to come by so you can always share your trip with your friends and family.
- Take advantage of the time you have on excursions because it passes very quickly.
- Don’t forget sunscreen because you are always walking and hanging around outside in Spain.
– The above post was contributed by Mackenzie Griffin and Cienna Hancock, who studied abroad with ISA High School in Salamanca, Spain in 2014.