Tips for Studying Abroad in Salamanca
As this study abroad program is slowly coming to an end, I am really starting to realize everything I have experienced while in Salamanca. That being said, I would like to share some tips for future students.
- Go to Smooy! (It’s the best frozen yogurt place in the Plaza Mayor).
- Do your best to reach out to the other students and make the most of this trip because before you know it you will be on your way back home. I have had some of the most amazing memories here that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
- The food is definitely different here, but be sure to try everything. You will be surprised at some of the stuff that you never thought you would like.
- Speak in Spanish as much as possible, especially with the locals. I met some Spanish friends in the intercambios program, which was one of the best parts about this trip.
- Most of all, be open minded! Don’t worry about what’s going on back home and just enjoy Salamanca for the time you’re here.
Have fun!The above post was contributed by Kiersten Massey, who studied abroad with ISA High School in Salamanca, Spain, in 2013.